Preventing and Investigating Musculoskeletal Injuries (MSI)
Musculoskeletal injuries (MSI) account for a significant number of work injuries in British Columbia. MSI represents the highest number of WCB claims in the past year. That’s why Preventing and Investigating Musculoskeletal Injury is an essential course for employers. A musculoskeletal injury is an injury to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, nerves, blood vessels or related soft tissue. This includes sprains, strains, and inflamation that may be caused or aggravated by work.
Petersen Safety Group, offers this course to help employers reduce the risks of musculoskeletal injuries to workers in B.C. Knowing how to assess risk factors and address workplace hazards are key to creating a safe work environment.
This Half-day course is designed to provide employers and workers with the knowledge and tools needed to prevent musculoskeletal injury, and to conduct investgiations into an MSI.
The course consists of:
- Requirements and the Prevention Process
- MSI Risk Identification and Assessment
- MSI Risk Control and Early Treatment and Intervention
- Investigating Incidents of MSI
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for joint health and safety committee members, worker health and safety representatives, supervisors, workers, and health and safety professionals who are committed to preventing musculoskeletal injuries.
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key components of the Ergonomics (MSI) requirements
- Explain the seven-step Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention (MSIP) process
- Explain five categories of risk factors associated with MSI
- Explain three main types of risk control for the risk factors
- Use a checklist to identify and assess risk factors
- Determine ways to control identified risk factors
- Apply early treatment and intervention principles
- Investigate incidents of MSI to prevent recurrence
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Certificate. This Course qualifies for the Workers Compensation Act Section 135 training entitlement for joint health and safety committee members or work representatives.
Cost for course $115.00 Register online or:
Call 250-753-2888 for more information