OH&S Committee Training
Responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committees (OH&S Committee)
The OH&S Committee Training course is for anyone who wants to understand the Responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committees. Employers in industry that regularly employ 20 or more workers are required to establish workplace health and safety committees. By working together, members of these joint worker/employer committees identify and recommend solutions to health and safety problems. They also help employers to promote safe work practices to reduce or eliminate workplace injuries or illness.
This Half-day course is designed to help participants to identify and interpret the designated functions and duties of members of joint health and safety committees, and to carry out their responsibilities to promote workplace health and safety. The course also teaches the requirements for an occupational health and safety program and why we conduct safety inspections and accident investigations.
The course consists of :
- Use of theOH&SRegulation
- Refusal of Unsafe Work
- Joint H&S Committees/WorkerRepresentatives
- OH&S Program
- Accident Investigations and Reports
- Safety Inspections
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Supervisors, joint health and safety committee members, worker health and safety representatives, and health and safety professionals who are committed to reducing workplace injuries and disease.
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Find requirements in the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Explain the requirements for joint committees and worker health and safety representatives, as well as their responsibilities and entitlements
- Establish a foundation to develop skills in:
- Promoting workplace health and safety; assisting in having all required OH&S program elements in place
- Applying the process of safety inspections and accident investigations
- Conducting and participating in constructive committee meetings
- Working cooperatively to address the health and safety concerns of workers
This seminar qualifies for the Workers Compensation Act Section 135 training entitlement for joint health and safety committee members or work representatives.
Cost for course $115.00 Register online or:
Call 250-753-2888 for more information
Do you have a group? Courses can be scheduled for groups of 5 or more.